………………………………………..

The Trenton Brewing Company & Mercer Bottling

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

The Lamberton Waterfront, 1100 block circa 1930. 

Before it was a 'hill'... it was a 'cliff'.

In 1790, Joseph Milner had a store, wharf and warehouse on the waterfront across from 1146 & 1150 Lamberton Street.   The Furman/Hunt store was at the foot of Lalor.

From 1679 to the mid 1700s, this land was owned and farmed by the "Lambert" family.

In the late 1770's and early 1780s the Continental Army Depot occupied the waterfront on the 1100 block of Lamberton St. 

In the mid to late 1800s the 'cliff' was used to discard pottery waste from local factories... eventually this industrial waste would form the 'hill' may of us born before 1980 would remember.  By the 1920's and 30's this embankment was considered a 'park'.


The Trenton Brewing co. (Peoples Brewing co.)complex at the corner of Lalor and Lamberton Streets.   Circa 1930.

Insurance map of "Peoples Brewing co. at Lalor & Lamberton Streets.  Circa 1925.

Lalor & Lamberton corner in 1890 before the erection of the brew house. 

The riverfront here was once the shipping operation of Moore Furman beginning in the 1760s. 


The 'Hygia Ice The Hygia Ice Company, The Trenton Brewing Co., and Mercer Bottling are pictured here.... circa 1910.